Today any software testing company periodically applies an agile methodology in its activity. The surrounding environment permanently changes and this makes QA stay in sync with the IT market needs.
Agile testing refers to all QA team members but mostly affects the testers’ day-to-day work. The application of agile tools gives PM, developers, and clients an opportunity to see the common picture of the project, realize the time expenditures, define the roles, and set the priorities.
Despite the fact that the mentioned methodology relates to all persons concerned, the significant part of the functional remains mainly the responsibility of the testers.
What Basic Qualities Should a Tester Possess in Order to Get Ahead in Agile Testing?
- Logical thinking and analytical mindset;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to perform the accurate decisions with regard to the available test outcomes;
- Skills to well collaborate inside the different departments of the company;
- Realization of the user’s expectations;
- Mobility presence despite the changeable business environment.
The above-mentioned characteristics are quite standard and respond not only to a tester but also to a developer, whose role in Scrum is similar to the test team members. Moreover, their work is connected and has the same final goal – to ensure the top-quality product release.
And according to some experts, the tester’s role has already gone beyond the test cases writing and their performance. In nowadays QA practice the testers, conducting software testing, should think like the end users, as well as a software title owner in order to ensure the qualitative result.
A Variety of Tester’s Role as for Agile Application Testing:
- Working in pair with the developer. This is a situation when a tester works with the developer: they document and stipulate the changes effects.
- Analyst role. A tester should not only learn and understand the requirements but also make suggestions himself in order to improve the product before its deployment.
- Automation role. Automated testing fulfillment simplifies the tester’s life and helps to accelerate the test process.
- Research role. One should take the additional steps, for example, automated regression testing, to ensure a successful further agile testing.
- Discoverer role. It frequently happens that a tester fulfils a test procedure, e.g. the client’s requirements reviewing, before the product is developed.
Therefore, there are many peculiarities of the tester’s job in the concept of the agile methodology, as well as the expectations from company, developers, clients, and so on. One should remember that a tester is not a person who simply clicks the mouse; it is a QA person, entrusted with the significant part of the organization’s functions and responsibilities.
Post time: 03-10-2018