If you want to install a crane cast iron Pedestal sink, you can do it yourself. All you need to do is just to follow the steps mentioned below.
- First of all, you have to secure the pedestal sink to the wall behind it. For this, you must make sure that there is something substantial to bolt into.
- If you use heavy-duty wall anchors, tiles set on a mortar base will typically be substantial enough. On the other hand, if there is only plaster or drywall behind the sink, it is important for you to install blocking under the wall surface to support the sink. In order to do so, you should first remove the plaster or drywall behind the sink.
- Now, nail or screw in blocking so that the crane cast iron pedestal sink can be properly hung.
- Now, repair the hole with water resistant drywall.
- Once you have done that, the next step is to freely set the basin and pedestal in position and prop up the basin with 2x4s so that it is steady.
- Be very careful while doing so. Make sure the crane cast iron Pedestal sink is level both front to back and left to right.
- Mark the location for the mounting holes on the wall for both the basin and pedestal and drill holes corresponding to your marks.
- Install the faucet and drain assembly on the basin.
- Attach the water supply lines to the faucet.
- Complete the installation of the drain and water supply lines and test for leaks.
That is it. Now, you can enjoy the beauty of your sink.
Post time: 06-20-2017