Are you seeing an error similar to this: “Operation could not be completed. The print spooler service is not running.” or maybe “Windows could not start the Print Spooler service on Local Computer.” Is your list of printers gone or you get an error when trying to add a new one? Here are a few solutions that have worked for us!
PRINT SPOOLER BASICS
1. Start – Run – services.msc
2. Find Print Spooler and make sure it’s set to start Automatically and try to Start it.
3. Check the Dependencies tab.
1. In the Services list (see above), see if you have “LexBce Server.”
2. If you do, set it to start Automatically and press Start.
EDITING THE REGISTRY
1. Start – Run – regedit
2. Located the following key:
3. On the right side, double-click on DependOnService. It should have only RPCSS and HTTP. Remove anything else, including LEXBCES.
3. Click OK and then exit the Registry Editor.
4. Restart your computer.
DEP SETTINGS FOR SPOOLER
1. Start – right-click on Computer and go to Properties.
2. Click on “Advanced” (it’s “Advanced System Settings” on the left list of newer computers).
3. Click on the first Settings (under Performance).
4. Click on the Data Execution Prevention tab.
5. Select “Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.”
6. Click on the Add button and choose spoolsv.
7. Click Open and then click OK when you get the warning.
8. Click OK and restart your computer.
NEED MORE HELP?
Get free tech support by posting your question at www.techguy.org. We are a community of volunteers who help people with their computer problems. The site is paid for completely by donations and advertisements.
Post time: 07-30-2017