ABC (Aerial Bundled) Cable Turnkey Project
Bundled insulated conductors for overhead power systems with a rated voltage of 0.6/1kV (referred to as low voltage ABC cables) are a completely new concept for overhead distribution. Compared to overhead bare conductor distribution systems, ABC cables offer higher safety and reliability, lower power losses and ultimately system economy through reduced installation, maintenance and operating costs.ABC distribution systems are suitable for rural, urban, hilly, forested and coastal areas.
Most African countries are just starting to modernise and renovate their electricity and the market potential is huge. ABC cables are popular in the African cable market due to their simple construction and ease of construction.
Over the past decades, LINT TOP has carried a large number of ABC cable turnkey projects in many African countries and regions such as North Africa and South Africa. We have provided our customers with complete project services and technical support, mainly including: helping customers to design the detailed structure of the cable, helping customers to calculate the cable capacity and reasonably allocate the number of production equipment, helping customers to reasonably arrange the plant, providing drawing, timing, stranding, insulation extrusion and cable formation equipment, providing all the testing equipment required for routine, sampling and type tests, providing all the auxiliary equipment, bobbins and moulds required, and providing all the raw materials required for the cables.
Among the ABC cable turnkey projects we have completed in the past, the types of products involved are (1) conductor bundles without a sling centre; (2) conductor bundles with a sling centre. The conductor cross-section is mainly 150m2 and below; the number of insulation cores is mainly (2 to 6) cores; the product standards involved are mainly NF C33-209.
3. Turnkey Project Services
The following is an overview of LINT TOP's "turnkey project" for a new ABC cable plant in Africa during the period 2020-2021.
(1) Cable product information
1) Reference standard: NF C33-209
2) Conductor: Aluminium/aluminium alloy (class 2)
(3) Insulation: XLPE
4) Cable construction
2*16mm2, 2*25mm2, 4*16mm2, 4*25mm2, 3*35+54.6+2*16mm2, 3*70+54.6+2*16mm2, 3*150+70+2*16mm2, etc.
(2) Production equipment we provided
1) Drawing: 13-mode aluminium/aluminium alloy large draw
2) Ageing treatment: 40-station single door single trolley ageing furnace
3) Conductor stranding: 630/1+6 tube stranding machine, 630/1+6+12 frame stranding machine
4) Insulation extrusion: 90 extrusion line
5) Cable formation: 1600/1+5 bow-forming cable
6) Rewinding: 1600 rewinding line
(3) Testing equipment we provided
1) Vernier calipers
3) Cable diameter ruler
4) Wall thickness projector
5) Digital bridge + bridge fixture
6) Handheld resistance tester
7) AC withstand voltage tester (50kVA/5.0kV)
8) Insulation resistance tester
9) Constant temperature water tank
10) Natural air exchange aging test chamber
11) Specimen slicer and dumbbell knife mould
12) Slicing machine for specimen
13) Double-headed grinding machine
14) Tension testing machine (5kN)
15) Heat extension test device
(4) Auxiliary equipment we provided
1) Air compressor (37kW, 0.8MPa)
2) DST-200L cooling tower (100m3/h)
3) Tie head threading machine
4) Water pump, oil pump
5) Plate type heat exchanger (22m2)
6) LT-100 aluminium powder separator
7) UN-2 butt welding machine (aluminum/aluminum alloy wire: 1.0mm-4.0mm)
8) UN-45 butt welder (aluminium/aluminium alloy wire: 5.0mm-13.0mm)
9) Die: wire drawing die, stranding die, extrusion die
10) Wire reels (630 double layer high speed wire reels, 1250 corrugated wire reels, 1600 corrugated wire reels, 2000 corrugated wire reels) etc.
In addition to providing the above equipment, we can also provide technical services, including project schedules, production processes, equipment installation and commissioning, operational training, advice on the use of materials and the whole turnkey project. In other words, from the raw material to the finished product, the customer saves a lot of time, energy and financial resources to choose the equipment and understand the process. All production processes and equipment selection are based on the actual production experience of more than 7000 cable factories in China. At the same time our equipment is of high quality and is used by large international cable factories such as NEXAN, Prysmian, Dordg, Elsewedy, Fukuta, etc. While ensuring high quality, China's large industrial system reduces costs and the cables produced by our equipment are competitively priced in the market, which is a prerequisite for our customers' rapid development. This is a prerequisite for our customers' high growth.
LINT TOP is committed to the development of the global wire and cable industry and strives to become the No.1 in the world for total cable solutions.